We have a poorly Little Bear

16:25 Kayleigh Huitt 0 Comments

As the winter cold closes in, its was inevitable that Bear was going to get a cold at some point. We have been really lucky as Bear has never been majorly ill and (touch wood) hasn't had the sickness bug yet and he's just turned two so he's doing really well.

Today he woke up fairly happy,  with smiles and singing his singing his favourite song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. We sat down and had breakfast which he refused to eat after a few spoonfuls. This is a rare occurrence for Bear as he is always ravenous when he wakes up. After more failed attempts at getting him to eat, I let him watch his favourite Disney Junior programme and sat down and drank my cup of tea. A while later he comes up to me and plonks a pillow on my leg and lays down on me which I know means he wants to go to sleep.

After a couple of moans and groans I put him in his bed to nap and he slept for an hour or so. He usually wakes up happy and with smiles but today, he cried and just wanted cuddles. His nose was runny and his eyes where watering. He was very clingy after and didn't want to leave my side. I gave him calpol which seemed to help after a while and he perked up, he had toast for lunch and yoghurt and a biscuit for snack.I offered him fruit but he refused which Is very unlike him, we has lasagne for dinner which he ate a bit of and some garlic bread.

He's still not 100 percent himself and wouldn't go to bed without me being there to hold his hand. So I'm expecting him to be in bed with us at some point tonight, which I don't mind as I love Bear's cuddles and Matt gets up a at half 4 to go to work, so he keeps me company.  I'm hoping he will feel better in the morning after a good night's sleep. But we will have to wait and see...

You Might Also Like

0 comments: